Sunday 14 November 2010

Banana bread




I decided it was time to try some more baking and re-discovered a book I had forgotten about. 'The Low Carb Gourmet' by Karen Barnaby has lots of dessert and baking recipes that I always mean to try but somehow don't get around to. I made the basic bread recipe and substituted pureed banana for the fruit. The bread was quite dense, like a sponge cake with a flavour not too sweet or cloying. In her book, Karen recommends using two different sweeteners together as they work in synergy with each other and taste exactly like sugar. It really works and I challenge anyone to try and tell the difference. Obviously, I can't recreate the recipe here, but here's a link to her own website with many delicious recipes which can be enjoyed even if you aren't watching your carbohydrate intake.


Here's a link to her excellent restaurant in one of the most beautiful settings imaginable, Stanley Park in Vancouver.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My partner and I really enjoyed reading this blog post, I was just itching to know do you trade featured posts? I am always trying to find someone to make trades with and merely thought I would ask.