Monday 21 November 2011

Some Thanksgiving ideas


 With the American Thanksgiving only a few days away, I thought I would share some ideas from our previous Canadian Thanksgiving, enjoyed long ago back in October. 

For a pot luck Thanksgiving this year, I prepared these candied yams, (now a little dismayed to find that they are ever so unfashionable - not that that's ever bothered me before).

I also prepared these Gruyere and Parmesan scones / biscuits which were fluffy, light and very cheesy.

From one year ago, I prepared the ultimate turkey, brined before cooking and slathered with a flavoured butter and spicy glaze.

A post about the inevitable leftovers and some possible ideas as to what to do with them.

Finally, instead of pumpkin pie, how about a pumpkin and persimmon cheesecake.

No comments: